The Society for Indian Academy of Medical Genetics (SIAMG) has instituted an Award for Young Scientists in memory of Dr S S Agarwal to promote excellence in Medical Genetics in India. This Award will be presented as “Dr S S Agarwal Young Scientist Award”.
1) The award will be given annually
2) The award will be given for the best published research work in field of Medical Genetics wherein the paper should have been published between the 1st July of previous year to the 30th June of award year.
3) The award will consist of a citation (signed by the President and Secretary, SIAMG) and a cash prize of Rs.15000 (Rupees fifteen thousand).
1) Any student/scientist who has done research work in any of the laboratories/institutes in India, who is not more than 40 years of age, as reckoned on 30th June of the award year, is eligible for the Award.
2) The applicant will have to be the first author on the paper
1) The applicant is required to register for the Annual meeting of the Society for Indian Academy of Medical Genetics to be held in the award year
2) The applicant should submit a brief curriculum vitae and a copy of the published paper to the secretary, SIAMG (email@example.com) within the stipulated last date
Duly approved Advisory Committee will be constituted by Executive Committee for making selections for the “Dr S S Agarwal Young Scientist Award”.
1. The Dr S S Agarwal Young Scientist Award will be presented to the recipient at the Annual meeting of the Society for Indian Academy of Medical Genetics.
2. The awardee will be required to make a brief presentation of his paper during the conference.
Dr S S Agarwal Young Scientist Award for 2014-2015
The 2nd Annual meeting of the Society for Indian Academy of Medical Genetics, IAMGCON 2015 is being held this year at AIIMS Jodhpur from 11th to 13th December 2015 organized jointly by AIIMS Jodhpur, Dr S N Medical College and IAP Marwar. Applicants must register for the conference and submit a brief curriculum vitae and copy of the published paper by 15th September, 2015.
The Award will be announced on 15th October, 2015 and will be presented to the recipient during the conference in Jodhpur on 12th December, 2015
The awardee will be required to make a brief presentation of his paper during the conference.
APPLICATIONS FOR THE YEAR 2014-2015 SHOULD BE SENT TO:
Centre for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics (CDFD),
4-1-714, Tuljaguda Complex Mozamzahi Road,
Ph. 040-24749335 Fax: 040 24749448 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Conference Website: www.iamgcon2015.in
Society Website: www.iamg.in